Hudson House Seeking Event Chef
Terra e Mare is looking for a Banquet chef who exhibits culinary talents whilst leading the banquet food preparation staff and managing all food-related catering functions. This person will be accountable for coordinating menus, purchasing, scheduling, food preparation, and plating for catering events. The individual is responsible for delivering consistent upscale service. Our ideal candidate has at least 2 years in a similar management position with a great understanding of Italian cuisine. Qualities we look for in a said candidate are someone who:
- Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation for banquets and events.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead and educate the team.
- Leads shifts while preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
- Estimates daily Banquet event order production needs.
- Coordinates banquet production and plating with the Executive Chef and sous chef.
- Plans /manages food quantities and plating requirements for all banquet functions.
- Ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards, and procedures.
- Develops banquet, seasonal and special menus for events customers.
- Is able to perform inventory for the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Provides information to co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person when needed.
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings
Landmark Hospitality is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $60,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Every weekend
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location