Landmark Hospitality is seeking a Daytime Host/Hostess to join their team.
Landmark Hospitality is a leader in the hospitality industry, that owns and operates unique and iconic venues such as the Liberty House, Hudson House, Stone House at Stirling Ridge, The Ryland Inn, Village Hall, Felina, The Farmhouse, and the Boathouse at Mercer Lake in New Jersey as well as Hotel Du Village and the Logan Inn in Pennsylvania.
Landmark Hospitality specializes in upscale restaurants, event spaces, and boutique hotels and is growing. Landmark has exciting opportunities available!
The job description of a restaurant hostess requires excellent interpersonal skills, a friendly demeanor, and the ability to interpret and manage different server sections on the restaurant floor. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Takes reservations for lunch or dinner.
- Plans and organizes reservations on the restaurant seating chart.
- Greets guests as they enter the restaurant.
- Seat guests in an open section or at a reserved table.
- Provides guests with menus and ensures they are seated comfortably.
- Assigns guests evenly across different servers’ sections in the restaurant.
- Maintains restaurant’s seating chart throughout the shift.
- Adds guests’ names to waitlists as necessary.
- Takes drink orders for guests as they wait or directs them to the bar area as necessary.
- Notifies guests when a table is ready.
- Keeps the hostess station neat and organized.
- Assists in rearranging tables for large parties.
- Reports any problems or issues to the restaurant manager.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Assists in setting up and cleaning up the restaurant during opening and closing shifts, respectively.
- Addresses and resolves customer concerns and complaints.
- Reorganizes the seating chart in the event that a server calls in sick.
- Keeps in contact with servers to make sure the seating chart is properly balanced.
- Thank guests for dining at the restaurant when they leave.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Exhibits excellent organizational skills.
- Maintains a professional but friendly demeanor.
- Is capable of remaining patient and polite when speaking to frustrated guests.
- Demonstrates ability to read and interpret restaurant’s seating chart.
- Works well with a team.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Possesses stamina required to remain walking and/or standing for an entire shift.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Landmark Hospitality is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.